You Only Live Once, This Is How I'm Doing It!

33 weeks

33weeksbelly

I’m getting to the feeling huge stage. And I have so much growing left to do. Oof.

One thing I’m fascinated by is my belly button. It’s still in but I can feel it stretching, mostly in my belly button ring scar. I’m wondering, for those of you who have already done this, when did your belly button pop out? Or did any of you have it never pop out? Because it seems like there’s quite a lot left to go.

The highlight of this week was this past Saturday we got real (aka not iPhone) maternity pictures taken. I was super nervous for some reason but I’m thrilled with how they turned out. I can’t wait to share them with you all. The photographer should be mailing them out soon. They definitely deserve their own post so be on the lookout for that, hopefully sometime next week.

The rest of the week didn’t live up to the good start unfortunately. Nothing bad happened, I’ve just felt like crap. My nausea and food aversions kicked it up a notch for some reason. I’ve basically been living off Chobani, grapefruits, nachos and Nutella sandwiches. Those are eaten separately by the way. No crazy food mixtures for this pregnant lady. I have been forcing myself to try to eat other things, because ya know, growing a human takes nutrients. Nothing really goes over well though. I am grateful that I’m not actually getting sick or anything. It is frustrating to be SO HUNGRY and have nearly all food sound disgusting. I am over it.

Despite my horrible nutrition this kid is growing. How do I know? Because he’s squeezing my lungs. This week I’ve had the pleasure of the holy crap I cannot get a breath feeling. That and my heart racing. That’s fun too. They seem to be related and stretching out, either by lying down or standing, seems to remedy it. It’s still incredibly unpleasant. Yay, pregnancy!

Another pregnancy milestone I hit was buying some Tums. I have never in my life had to take them. I have been incredibly lucky in that any heartburn I’ve experienced has been remedied with a glass of milk. The other night the only thing I could think of to eat were nachos with tons of jalapenos so I figured it would be wise to pick some up. I didn’t end up needing them but they’re on my nightstand just in case.

Sorry this post is basically a big fat whine. I try to be positive but every once in awhile pregnancy symptoms wear me down. Every time this little guy kicks and wiggles, especially when he does it because Joel came home, my heart melts and I know it’s worth it. Not going to lie, the uncomfortableness is making me all that much more anxious to meet this little guy. I suppose that’s the point.

8 Responses to “33 weeks”

1. Barbara says:

You look great! My belly button never popped, but I never made it past 37 weeks so who knows if it would have! Can’t wait to see the pictures.

2. Pepper Tan says:

You want some cheese to go with that whine? :)

Seriously, you have every right to whine. Every pregnant mom is blessed with that privilege. You’ve earned that right. It’s all going to be okay. All the hardships will be worth it.

I don’t remember about my belly button, though… I wish I did!

3. Mariah says:

Uhm, growing a baby is hard! I think my belly button popped around 35/36 weeks, but I don’t exactly remember. I had always wanted to see what was at the bottom, so that was an easy way ;) SOrry to hear about the food aversions! That really stinks. Hopefully it’ll pass. And by the way, I could TOTALLY go for some nachos right now… at 8:39 in the AM… Can’t wait to “meet” your little guy!

4. My bellybutton never popped and my baby came right on her due date. I remember feeling so stretched in the end! I was also pretty nauseous towards the end as well, my doc said it was just my hormones. Only several more weeks to go! love your blog by the way! Newest reader right here :)

5. Aleta says:

I’m 35 weeks and no belly button pop. When I told my husband that this could happen, it freaked him out a little. Just yesterday he said, “No belly button pop” and he looked relieved. Lol. I’m not nauseous, but then I’ve been pretty fortunate for feeling good during pregnancy. This is the month though and it feels.. surreal. And like you, I’ve hit the Tums too. Not every day, but when I need them, I desperately need them. You’re heard the wive’s tail about heartburn, right? It’s a sign that your baby will have hair. Supposedly during the ultrasound, the technician saw hair on our baby’s head. But I couldn’t see what she meant :)

6. Eileen says:

I went 40weeks plus a day or two and never popped a belly button, got a couple stretch marks around my belly button, but never popped.

Whine away, and be thankful for the no/little heartburn, mine was AWFUL, but then again you have worse food aversions and stuff, so we all get our fair share of pregnancy toughness, just in different ways!

7. Kimberly says:

Mine didn’t pop with my first, but it has popped with each one after that. My belly button ring scar hurt me too. And it got really itchy. It was super annoying!

8. I delivered at 39+1, and my belly button never popped. It did get really shallow though, which looked weird.

I wish I had taken the time to get maternity photos taken. Can’t wait to see yours!